Oct. 16 Crossplay Open Beta Updates
We hope you’re enjoying day two of the Crossplay Open Beta weekend! Thanks to the data and feedback we’ve already received, the team has integrated new Scorestreak system tuning, as well as a handful of bug fixes and stability improvements over the past 24 hours. And now live through the rest of the weekend, 2XP and 2X Weapon XP are enabled for all players!
Read on for the full list of updates:
- Adjusted score tuning to deliver a more consistent earn rate across all game modes.
- We’ve noticed a disparity of Scorestreak earn potential across game modes. Domination saw a high volume of Scorestreaks, while TDM saw less. This new adjustment now sits between where Domination and TDM were during the PS4 Beta.
- Increased score rewards for streaks of 6, 7, 8, and 9 kills to better reward players.
- We agree with feedback that players who go on killstreaks in the 6-9 range were not rewarded enough by the Scorestreak system, and had to go on too high of a streak to earn powerful Scorestreaks compared to past games. This update increases those score values to better reward players for going on higher streaks.
- Adjusted costs for all Beta Scorestreaks.
- The process of dialing in the exact Scorestreak earn rate that feels good for the majority of players will take a few rounds of feedback, and this is the next step. Our process here will allow us to better evaluate feedback after the Crossplay Open Beta to have Scorestreaks in a solid place for launch.
- Increased the cooldown on Spy Planes to help limit their numbers in the sky at one time.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when joining a match in progress where items were not properly spawned.
- Fixed a crash on PC that could occur on boot if Windows was set to certain languages with the “DD.MM.YYYY” date format (for example, Finnish and German).
- Additional general stability improvements on all platforms.
- Addressed an issue where a player could spawn outside of the map in Cartel at the start of a match.
2XP + 2X WEAPON XP NOW LIVE
Now through the rest of the Crossplay Open Beta, everyone gets 2XP and 2X Weapon XP to rank up and unlock weapon attachments twice as fast through the rest of the weekend! Don’t forget to reach level 10 to unlock the “Mutual Animosity” SMG Weapon Blueprint for launch.
This weekend’s Crossplay Open Beta continues today for all PS4 players and for Early Access digital pre-orders on Xbox One, and PC on Battle.net. On Oct. 17th, the Crossplay Open Beta opens up to all players across platforms for FREE through 10AM PT on Monday, October 19th. Pre-order digitally here for Early Access on Xbox One and PC.
Have fun out there, be respectful, and enjoy everything the Crossplay Open Beta has to offer.
* GAME FEATURES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE BASED ON CURRENT IN-DEVELOPMENT FEATURES THAT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON FINAL DEVELOPMENT CHANGES AND/OR GAME TUNING OR UPDATES THAT MAY REMOVE OR MODIFY SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE FEATURES.