Thanks for Playing Weekend 1 of the Beta!
October 13, 2020
Thanks to everyone who participated in Weekend 1 of the Black Ops Cold War Beta on PS4! The data and feedback we’ve received so far has helped the team to refine the experience for Weekend 2 and for launch.
- Adjusted tuning on the Duster Stock attachment to prevent faster sliding than intended.
- Increased TDM score limit from 75 to 100 for better match pacing.
- Updated the Assassin Perk description for clarity. (Updated Oct. 9)
- Slightly reduced damage output of the Milano 821 SMG. (Updated Oct. 9)
- Investigating adjustments to the cooldown on the Spy Plane to help limit their numbers in the sky at one time.
- Adjusted conditions for joining in progress to prevent players from joining matches that are about to end.
- Moved VIP Escort exclusively to the Featured playlist.
- Fixed an issue where controller input could become locked after removing keyboard and mouse hardware used in a previous session.
- Update: The team is still investigating an issue where a controller can become unresponsive when loading into a match.
- Fixed an issue with multiple Optics being misaligned in ADS and blocking the player's view, including Snappoint, Diamondback, and Hawksmoor attachments.
- Fixed a bug where players would get "UI Error 66156" when selecting “Add Activision Friends” from the Recent Players menu.
- Fixed an issue where other players’ names were not visible in the pre-match lobby.
- Fixed crashes that could occur during the Best Play in a VIP Escort match.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while selecting Operators in the front-end menu.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a SAM Turret missile hit a target when the turret was destroyed.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur if a Gunboat was beached for too long.
This weekend, we’ve got a full slate of new content coming, including new maps, weapons, modes, playlists, Scorestreaks, Perks, Wildcards, equipment, and more. Watch this space for the full list of updates to the game heading into Weekend 2 for the Crossplay Open BetUpdate: The team is still investigating this issue to make adjustments for launch.a.
As a reminder, this weekend’s Crossplay Open Beta extends to all platforms, with cross-platform play starting on Oct. 15th for all PS4 players and Early Access players who pre-order digitally on Xbox One and PC on Battle.net. On October 17th, the Crossplay Open Beta opens up to all players on Xbox One and PC, and all PS4 players can continue to play throughout the weekend. The Crossplay Open Beta is scheduled to end at 10AM PT on Monday, October 19th.
You can pre-order digitally here and jump into the Crossplay Open Beta as early as possible. See you online this weekend!