April 8, 2021 Patch Notes
GUNFIGHT TOURNAMENTS NOW LIVE
Compete for exclusive rewards in Gunfight Tournaments! Sixteen teams clash in 2v2 Gunfight matches in a single-elimination bracket divided into four competitive rounds: Preliminaries, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and Finals. Win and move on to the next round. Lose, and you're out.
Each Tournament introduces exclusive rewards as you win your way through the bracket, including a new Emblem, Calling Card, Charm, and Weapon Blueprint. You’ll also earn bonus XP as you win your way through the Tournament, which can be earned repeatedly each time you participate in a Tournament.
The first official Gunfight Tournament starts today and will run for a full week through April 15th. Registration kicks off every five minutes when a Tournament is active, and each full season will host a total of two to three Tournaments. This week’s event is the sole tournament for Season Two Reloaded, so be sure to register ASAP.
Find out more about Gunfight Tournaments at the Call of Duty Blog, and jump in with your teammate today to try your hand at winning it all!
NEW GUNFIGHT BLUEPRINTS, THROWBACK MOSHPIT + MORE
This week’s Featured Playlists see the debut of the Season Two Reloaded edition of Gunfight Blueprints, offering a new collection of the latest Weapon Blueprints to try out in 2v2 on our most frenetic maps, including the latest addition to the map rotation, Mansion.
Throwback Moshpit also makes its return in Multiplayer, offering a fast-paced mix of TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on some of the most classic maps in the Black Ops series: Raid, Express, and Nuketown. For all those old-school players looking for a good time this weekend, we got you... along with four straight days of Double XP.
DOUBLE XP WEEKEND BEGINS
Our four-day Double XP Weekend has begun in Black Ops Cold War, live now through 10AM PT Monday, April 12th! Season Three will be here before you know it, so make sure to hit that next Prestige Level before the next season’s Prestige journey kicks off. Note: Double XP will also be available in Warzone 10AM PT April 10th-12th.
We’ve also implemented some additional gameplay updates for Control in MP and Dead Ops Arcade 3 in Zombies. Here’s a look at what’s new in today’s update:
- Double XP Weekend
- Four days of Double XP now available in Multiplayer, Zombies, and League Play through 10AM PT Monday, April 12.
- Sixteen teams of two clash in a 2v2 single-elimination tournament for exclusive rewards. Win and move on to the next round. Lose, and you're out.
- Register for a Tournament and get matched up with 31 other players of similar skill.
- Each Tournament is broken up into 4 Rounds: Preliminaries, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and the Tournament Finals.
- Each Tournament introduces new exclusive rewards as you win your way through the bracket. Rewards for the first Tournament include a new Emblem, Calling Card, Charm, and Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprint.
- XP is also awarded as players win their way through each Tournament and can be earned repeatedly with each Tournament participation.
- Each segment captured by the Attackers will now add 20 seconds to the game clock. Time will no longer be added after capturing a single zone.
- Overtime Defense is now awarded to the team that captures the most zone segments in the previous rounds. In the event of a tiebreaker, the team with the most kills will be awarded Defense in Overtime.
- Also applies to CDL Control in League Play.
- Gunfight Tournament [NEW]
- Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
- Throwback Moshpit (also available in Hardcore)
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Nuketown 24/7 (also available in Hardcore)
- Prop Hunt
- Face Off (also available in Hardcore)
- Multi-Team Moshpit
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue where the Gladiator enemy was not spawning under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue where the Gladiator enemy's axes remained on the screen longer than intended.
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Containment (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Nuketown (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Apocalypse (PS4/PS5)
* GAME FEATURES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE BASED ON CURRENT IN-DEVELOPMENT FEATURES THAT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON FINAL DEVELOPMENT CHANGES AND/OR GAME TUNING OR UPDATES THAT MAY REMOVE OR MODIFY SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE FEATURES.